Friday, March 20, 2009

Springtime!

In case you hadn't heard, today is the first day of spring. Or, as I mentioned before, winter, jr. Today was the coldest day this week, about 35 I think tops for my bike ride and run today, complete with that feeling where you can't really articulate words because your face is kind of numb. But the snow is melting, more and more grass is visible on the places that see sun when it happens to be out, and there is no sign of further snow to come... although I wouldn't rule it out just yet, since we often get a sneaky April snowstorm. I heard they got snow in New York City this morning, so apparently we are better off than they are.

So the days are going to continue to get longer and the chances of good weather are going to get better and better, this weekend is looking pretty good, although I am going to have to be careful tomorrow with my water bottles to start the ride, I'm thinking. I'm really starting to have a lot more fun training now that I can ride outside. Although it'll be nicer when I don't have to wear quite so many layers. But just think how light I'll feel when I finally don't have to wear ten pounds of extra clothes? Speaking of which, time to prep the bike for tomorrow's long ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment