Monday, March 9, 2009

Another Monday, another snowstorm

24 hours ago I was finishing up a nice long run in shorts and getting the slightest bit of sun on my completely un-tanned legs. Now I am in the midst of yet another snowstorm that dropped another 6" or so and erased the memory of the lovely, spring-like weekend. Today was heavy, wet snow, too. All of the other storms this winter have been light and fluffy because it has been unreasonably cold, but this is just thick, heavy, messy snow. And the worst part is that it just won't STOP! It has been going all day and once again it looks like January outside. So apparently my bike ride tomorrow will be inside. But at least this time I don't mind as much because I spent the weekend outside. It also means less disgusting laundry and no need to clean my bike. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to clean a mud-encrusted bike without a hose? The stupid hose is still buried in snow, and so there are a lot of crevices on my bike that are still full of dirt, but there is only so much you can do with a bucket and a sponge when your fingers are freezing. I honestly contemplated taking the bike and putting it in the tub!

How many more weeks do I have to survive this? Hopefully not too many more. At least I've got that little trip to Oceanside coming up in less than four weeks now!

No comments:

Post a Comment