Tuesday, March 31, 2009

3 Days to start of the season

Is it time to leave yet? I hate this last part, when you're so close but you still have so much to do! I dropped off my bike today to get tuned up for the race. Of course, this was a pretty last-minute thing and the mechanic gave me a hard time because I really need it tomorrow but of course every person with a bike has theirs in the shop right now for the pre-season tune-up because the snow is finally almost gone. I don't need it to be thorough, I just need it to run smooth! I'll be a better customer next time and make an appointment, I promise. I get to pick it up pretty much just in time to pack it. I'm a little nervous about that because I have never had to pack my Cervelo up before. Not that I think it will be all that different, but you never know. It's pretty much always a pain no matter what anyway. It's too bad I'm so tall, because surely a smaller bike would be easier to stuff into that box.

I had some good, short workouts today. I ran in the shoes I intend to race in and they feel pretty good after a long layoff. Also dropped my run pace another 20 seconds a mile. It was one of those days where I was just dreading going out for my workout, because for some reason I always have a harder time getting out the door for the shorter, taper workouts, but then I finally do head out and something like that happens to make me feel better. I'm almost scared about how well things are going. It's pretty much the exact opposite of this time last year. It's nice to be able to write good things instead of spending the whole time complaining. But I'm sure there is plenty more weather whining to go, just not today. Tomorrow if I have time you will get packing whining. I haven't even started, but at least I made a list. Haven't got a clue where my wetsuit is though.

In other, unrelated news, I'm actually going out tonight. Normally, by 8pm you will most likely find me in bed. I'm probably not asleep yet, but I will be soon. Nope, tonight I am going to a concert. I don't get to go to many concerts, but this one I just couldn't resist. Tonight I am going to see New Kids on the Block. It'll be like I'm 10 years old again. I love nostalgia. It's just too bad I no longer have their posters on my wall or my 16 magazines with them and Fred Savage on the cover. I even had "Hangin' Tough" in my head throughout my bike ride this morning, which was silly because it was an easy workout and I didn't really need the motivation. I know, even when I was in 5th grade it was social suicide to admit you liked New Kids because it made you a huge dork. But I'm much more secure with my dorkiness at this stage in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Your loyal readers expect a complete report from the concert. In the meantime, I'm looking at snow, wind and 30s the rest of the week while you're in Cali. So I'll do enough weather whining for about five people. Enjoy the show, and race hard on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete