Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I ate pizza!

I ate pizza! No, that is not a confession, but rather a declaration of complete joy. I ate pizza for dinner, and it was delicious. And no, it wasn't like, lettuce-leaf crust pizza with marinara and veggies, but real pizza. No, it is not because the carbo-loading has begun. Who needs to carbo-load for 5 days? I'd probably explode before race day. Rather, I was told to have a high-fat meal for dinner tonight. No, really. The same coach who had been telling me to eat protein and veggies almost exclusively not only told me to eat a high-fat dinner, but specifically mentioned pizza and french fries as options. Well, I didn't get fries, but I did have a couple of fried ravioli as an appetizer! Apparently there is some logic to this, I don't really know. I'm not sure I care. When someone who has been keeping tabs on your body composition and what you've been eating for 7 months tells you to eat pizza after not touching it in so long, you don't need a whole lot of convincing.

So I went to get my current favorite pizza, at the Italian Farmhouse in Plymouth. This is one of my two favorite Italian restaurants and they also have amazing lasagna, which I also haven't had in months and months, but tonight that's not what I was after. It is this amazing thin-crust pizza that they serve you right on the wooden pizza peel it was cooked on. It's so thin and crispy, definitely not easy to come by around here. I went with broccoli, onions and peppers. I know, you're thinking, why would you have veggies on it? Well, I like them. I hate pepperoni and sausage and all of that, so I went with the veggies and I have no regrets. Plus, that's one less thing I have to worry about on my post-race indulgence list. More room for other stuff!

Today was a rest day, so there were no workouts to deal with. Perfect timing since it rained all day. I hate training during race week. Really. I just want to get to the good part, already. I don't want to train anymore! I mean, normally I enjoy the training. But when we get this close to the race, I've had enough. But unfortunately, it is back in the water, on the bike, and in the run shoes for tomorrow. So close now though...

No comments:

Post a Comment