Thursday, April 23, 2009

So many things to look forward to

I've got so many fun things to look forward to in the next couple of months that I am almost starting to feel guilty. First, there is the trip to St. Croix, which I am heading to in just one short week, amazingly enough. Actually, first is this weekend, because it is supposed to be in the mid 80's for 3 or 4 days in a row. Incredible how that can work out sometimes. I can almost already see the horrid tan line I'm sure to finish my bike ride with. You know, that one that will never go away for the rest of the summer, no matter how much you try to even it out. The coming race also means that I get to taper and maybe sleep in a couple of times. Oh, and did I mention getting to hang out in St. Croix? I've never been to the Caribbean, unless you count the ride at Disney World.

Speaking of Disney World, I've also got that to look forward to as mid-May I am going down there with my family. I turn into a 12-year old again when I go to Disney World. We went four times as a family when I was a kid, and we always had a blast. But we haven't been since 1996. My brother, my sister and I have all been down at least once since, on our own separate trips, although never for an extended period of time. Our parents haven't been in 13 years. My 6-year old niece went with my sister and brother-in-law two years ago and my 3-year old nephew will be making his first trip. One whole week, and I absolutely can't wait. We travel well as a family, because we can have fun together, but if someone wants to do something else, nobody really cares. We can just do what we want. Which is good because I'm sure I'll have to squeeze in a lot of training while I'm there, so if anyone has any advice on where to ride my bike, please let me know! The only thing about the trip that does not make me happy is that I just learned that Space Mountain will be closed for the next 7 months. I think that might just be my favorite ride, so it won't be quite the same without it, but I'm pretty sure there are a few other things there for me to do. I'm also looking forward to being there with my niece and nephew because it is so fun to experience that stuff with kids and see their excitement.

Anyway, not long after that excursion it is going to be time to kick off the New Hampshire tri season with Mooseman on June 7th. That's always a lot of fun. Well, last year it definitely was not, but I'm going to be in a different position this year. I think. Late June we have a team training weekend with the QT2 crew, 4th of July, Ironman Lake Placid, Timberman... I almost feel like summer is already over if I get too far ahead of myself. Basically, lots and lots of fun stuff to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment