Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Am I in St. Croix already?

Oh, no, I'm not. I'm still in New Hampshire. It just feels like it could be St. Croix out there. Probably less humid, but it was in the 90's today. Fortunately the weather was fairly cool overnight and I was quite comfortable sleeping with my window open - something I had forgotten how much I missed. There's something so soothing about hearing peeper toads outside your window on a spring or summer night. Makes me feel like summer vacation as a kid, when you had nothing to worry about for the next day, just contemplating what sort of fun adventure you might have.

Equally comforting this morning was awakening at 5am, when I usually would out of habit, only to roll over and go back to sleep until 7 because today was a rest day. I don't get a whole lot of rest days, and it is due to their rarity that I am usually able to fully enjoy them. Too many of them and I'd just get restless and bored and be completely unable to relax due to all of that pent up energy. I don't feel nearly as fried as I normally might due to the short time between these last two races, but maybe that will make me feel fresher this weekend.

It warmed up quickly today, got into the low 90's. The winds have picked up now this evening and a cold front is blowing through, but it was nice to feel some heat even if I didn't get a chance to go out and train in it. There will surely be plenty of time for warm-weather training in the near future, provided of course that it does in fact get that warm again.

You know, I really thought I had something more interesting to say in this post. Turns out, I don't. So I'll spare you any more boredom if you actually managed to read this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment