Thursday, March 15, 2012

Yeah, They Were All Yellow...

That was what was in my head a lot today.  Why?  Because lately I've been all yellow.  No, not because I'm jaundice or sick, but because of the pollen!  It's not that unusual to see a decent amount of pollen back home... in May.  But I think it's safe to say I've never seen it at these levels.  If I were allergic to it I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to breathe.  It's not really that big of a deal, it's just kind of amazing to me that I'll finish a bike workout with a film of yellow on my arms and legs, yellow bike shorts, yellow jersey, normally black bike tires pure yellow.  Let's not even talk about my car. 

Anyway, training continues, as usual.  I don't think I've been anywhere new since I last wrote but I'm enjoying the routes that I have so far here.  The weather has also been really nice.  Monday was a little chilly, but since then it's been close to 80 and getting on the humid side.  Definitely good training weather, especially for the specific races I'm preparing for.  I'll admit I'm a little scared that Galveston is in two weeks.  Possibly partly because it means I have to drive 700 miles to get there.  And then do the same to get back.  Yeah, when I planned the trip I definitely didn't fully grasp just how far Birmingham was from Galveston.  Can't fix that now.

Well, this blog has gotten rather boring because that's about all there is to say for now.  Training is... well, training.  Oh, I did manage to sort of invent a recipe the other day that turned out quite well.  Stuffed peppers with ground turkey, onions, peppers, shredded zucchini, garlic, spinach, tomatoes, chickpeas and a sauce that was just a can of crushed tomatoes seasoned with some basil and oregano.  Sprinkle some feta on the top and yeah, definitely a worthwhile experiment.  Better get the cooking in now before the training volume explodes and I don't have the energy to stand at the stove anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment