Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer has arrived

I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but it seems like summer is here. Pretty nice of it to show up so early considering the fact that last year it never arrived at all. I've been doing plenty of open water swimming and it hasn't been cold at all... well, depending on where in the lake I am. I can be in one spot where the water almost feels hot and then get to another spot where it's freezing, but generally it's been quite comfortable. And it resulted in what I think is probably my biggest accomplishment of the week, which was somehow managing to zip my Blue Seventy wetsuit myself thanks to my flexible shoulders. For those of you who are not aware, the Blue Seventy zips from the top down and requires that you get the zipper started behind your neck before zipping it down, which is not so easy when you can't see back there. It will be interesting to see if I can repeat it, but it did allow me to continue my unsafe tradition of swimming in the lake by myself.

I'm also working on my bad tan lines with the bike gear. I remembered that I have a wedding to go to this weekend and a sleeveless dress (first appearance of me in a dress in... 3 years maybe?) and I should probably try not to have that nasty line across my upper arm, so I'll have to work on that in the next few days. Also, I remembered that it is probably not ok to wear open toed shoes when you don't have all of your toenails, is it? I really wish it was.

I've also been informed by my father that he does not appreciate me mentioning the fact that I dropped him after 6 miles on my blog. I didn't realize he made a habit of reading it. Actually, I assured him that nobody reads it. Hi, Dad!

4 comments:

  1. hahaha - this "nobody" who reads your blog and know just what a strong rider you are, thinks your Dads is pretty awesome to go out for a ride with his "ironman" daughter. I would have been dropped in the first mile... sigh... Good for you Mr. Zahr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I learned my mom read my blog....
    oops! She told me it was entertaining but that I might clean up my language a bit.
    I say Go for it with the open toed shoes. Who cares! :)
    I swim alone too. Whatever. How much more dangerous could it be than biking alone or running trails alone?
    (don't answer that.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay Molly's dad, we read her blog and realize that your amazing too. Riding and running the way that you do still, ironman is right around the corner if you want it. Way to go to keep fit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, Dad doesn't run, he just bikes. It has nothing to do with his age either, he never ran, claiming bad knees (although I have never seen a doctor's note) So he probably won't be doing a triathlon ever, but he's a pretty good spectator.

    ReplyDelete