Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas eve

Tomorrow is Christmas, and again, how did that happen? I did nothing to get into the Christmas spirit this year. I watched hardly any of my favorite Christmas movies, I didn't listen to much of the music, and even though Christmas is not until tomorrow the Christmas tree is lying in the snow in the back yard. Why, you might ask? Well, when the tree falls over for the third time in 4 days, it's probably time to get rid of it. Plus, there were hardly any ornaments left aside from the unbreakable replacement ones. So last Christmas no tree because a tree fell on the house in an ice storm, and this Christmas no tree because the darn thing just wouldn't remain upright. My mother tells me that that is one of the things that husbands are for.

Speaking of my mother, she actually had knee surgery on Monday. I only mention this because I think it's kind of interesting that in the past year my mother has broken her foot (slipping on the ice last February) and torn her meniscus (taking a clumsy fall walking out of a gas station convenience store) and both times didn't get diagnosed for 6-8 weeks later, when she finally listened when I told her that if it doesn't stop hurting on its own after that long, it's probably time for some medical intervention. Hopefully this trend will not rub off on me.

I thought I might have more to say, but mostly I'm just killing time before the Christmas eve festivities begin. Oh, I did get my wrapping done this afternoon, so that's about it for getting ready. And once this pesky Christmas thing gets out of the way then I can finally start concentrating on the important stuff: TRAINING.

No comments:

Post a Comment